Monday, June 12, 2006

Some of what I believe

For the sake of clarity I will state what I believe and what for me are non-negotiable; (this applies to me personally) The following are not in any particular order.

1) God created the world & the universe, and all that is in it, in 6 literal days about 6 thousand years ago (roughly)

2) The 5 Sola's as they are called

3) That Jesus is the Son of God & the Son of Man, born of a virgin, who died on the cross for the sins of those He came to save.

4) That the created order, before the fall, is the origin of male headship in the home and of male leadership of Gods Church, as evidenced by Paul in the NT.

5) Limited atonement.

6) That the Bible as we have it is the Word Of God and as such is the full and final authority in all things pertaining to Christians and the Christian life.

7) That 'Open Theism' is contrary to the revealed Word of God.

I think that will do for openers. This does not represent the totality of what I believe, but does give a reasonably fair indication of certain key elements.

God bless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home