Thursday, June 23, 2005

ESV thoughts

Well, well, so much controversy about the ESV. One of my own posts was quoted by David Warnock (no relation to Adrian) as an example of an ill informed Conservative Evangelical. Interesting, but meaningless. I gather I am ill informed because I stated something he didn't agree with. Hardly the best approach.
Am I a Conservative Evangelical? In the best possible sense, yes. Although I have to say that with the current trends in the Evangelical world the phrase doesn't have the same meaning that it used to and as such could be misconstrued. (wilfully or otherwise)
Theologically I put myself in with the likes of Jonathan Edwards, John Owen, John Piper, C J Mahaney, Wayne Grudem, Albert Mohler, Terry Virgo, Arthur Wallis, Martin Lloyd-Jones, J I Packer, R C Sproul, Ken Ham, and others.
With all of them I am a Berean. I except nothing just because it comes from a certain author.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sven said...

Hi Glenn, nice to see you've started a blog. Always good to have more bloggers from NFI!

7:36 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool influences

dave

thebluefish.blogspot.com

8:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home